Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » General TrackWhore Discussions

Post subject: Re: Riding street
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:49 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2011 GSXR 750
Bike/Plate #: 25
I still enjoy riding on the street. It's not as much fun as a trackday, but I still like it. I've done a lot of trackdays this year and I can understand why people elect to go track-only but I'm not there yet. Both the Track and Street have their own set of pros and cons. The track is fun because you can ride as hard as you want in a relatively safe environment, no cops, no gravel, no traffic, etc. The cons are that it's expensive, you have to load, drive, unload, load again and then unload you bike and gear. Nothing is worse than paying for a trackday only to spend the day sitting in the rain - IT SUCKS! I'd much rather go on a dry street ride than ride on a wet track. The street is fun because it's so damn convenient. Throw on the leathers and go. There are some good roads not far from where I live that have relatively little traffic and LEO presence. I had a great time riding the Gap and the Snake on vacation this year. It's still fun for me to get out with a group of good riders (and sometimes just solo) and hit the local twisties on a nice day. The cons to street riding are not being able to ride as hard as you'd like, gravel, cops, traffic, guard rails, risk, etc. For me, right now, the pro's still outweigh the cons...

Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:34 am 
'Ho Proper

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 ZX6R (track ho) ZZR1200 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 152
I have noticed that I don't ride the street as much as I used to, only use about 1 set of tires a season instead of 3. The track has definitely taken a toll on my street days. Track bike gets all the attention these days, and all of the goodies.

I'm not ready to stop riding street though, my wife still enjoys it way to much for me to consider stopping. As long as she willing to pack the ZZR and go riding for a couple of days, I will keep traveling on two wheels.

But I most definitely have slowed the pace on the street, for me to get the same rush on the street as the track is just to risky anymore.

JMHO....

Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:46 am 
Major 'Ho

What do you mean you can't have fun on the street?

Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:04 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Bike/Plate #: 13
bacolmm wrote:
What do you mean you can't have fun on the street?

Nice! :toocool: did you know that person? or just one pulled off the net? I cant do that on the track yet, let alone have enough balls to do it on the street!

Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:28 pm 
Major 'Ho

I don't know him personally, but he's a regular poster on www.easttnriders.com (name's Tyler). He's a Deal's Gap local and obviously a very talented rider...

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » General TrackWhore Discussions