Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » General TrackWhore Discussions

Post subject: Riding street
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:38 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
The more I ride street the less I want to ride street... Between all the obvious dangers, the inability to really ride and the fucking cops I'm seriously thinking about giving it up.

I know a bunch of you have hung it up. How much does it bug you not to be out there outside of track days and racing?

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post subject: Re: Riding street
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:08 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 45
madski wrote:
The more I ride street the less I want to ride street... Between all the obvious dangers, the inability to really ride and the fucking cops I'm seriously thinking about giving it up.

I know a bunch of you have hung it up. How much does it bug you not to be out there outside of track days and racing?

honestly doesnt bother me at all. i cant ride the way i want to on the street so its no fun. i only have fun when im going as fast i can go, and i can only get that on the track. i have no desire to pay for insurance on a bike again either. if you do enough trackdays then i think you will be ok

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:35 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
This is my first year w/o a street bike. I thought I would go through withdrawal, but really I have only missed it a little. If I didn't wreck and could do more trackdays, I wouldn't miss it at all.

I will eventually ride on the road again, but when I do it won't be on a full blown sportbike. I'll get some kind of naked streetfighter like the triumph triple.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:50 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 45
stevedave wrote:
This is my first year w/o a street bike. I thought I would go through withdrawal, but really I have only missed it a little. If I didn't wreck and could do more trackdays, I wouldn't miss it at all.

I will eventually ride on the road again, but when I do it won't be on a full blown sportbike. I'll get some kind of naked streetfighter like the triumph triple.

thats still to much bike to get me into trouble. same with a motard

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:33 pm 
Site Admin

i'm pretty sure if i stick with having a street bike the next one will be sport tourer of some sort and not another SS.

tiptoeing around on the street on a sport bike is starting to lose it's luster.

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:09 pm 
Serious 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 GSXR600
Bike/Plate #: 72
I don't miss the street. last year i rode 3 times on the street and once at the start of this year to bring the bike out of storage. In 07 when i got the bike i did almost 9k miles.

I would like a motard to tool around on, there are some sweet tight twisties in this area.

A sport tourer would be cool to go on long rides like Gary does. just cant afford too many bikes though.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:57 pm 
Site Admin

i'd probably get myself into more trouble on a 'tard than on a sport bike :fact

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:27 am 
'Ho Proper

Current TrackWhore(s): '08 R1 (double duty)
Bike/Plate #: 818
i've had similar thoughts mike. i considered saving the R1 to turn into a trackwhore, and getting a raider or something for the street. mainly just for the fact that pushing the fun meter on the street is just too risky sometimes. but i couldn't give up the street altogether. i enjoy riding to work and little errand runs & stuff, and even just plain joy rides. i would imagine that the more you progress on the track the less fun the street becomes on a sportbike. if you are to the point of where it's really not that enjoyable anymore, then you are probably on the right track with giving it up. otherwise you're bound to get yourself into trouble of one sort or another trying to get your speed fix on the street.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:36 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 04 R6
Bike/Plate #: 383
GixxrSixxr wrote:

honestly doesnt bother me at all. i cant ride the way i want to on the street so its no fun. i only have fun when im going as fast i can go, and i can only get that on the track. i have no desire to pay for insurance on a bike again either. if you do enough trackdays then i think you will be ok

what jr said i like keeping the extra cash from insurance, plus if you do enough track days you don't really miss it at all. As long as we do one every 4 weeks or so im good.

The only time it really made me think about street riding is early in the spring when it gets warm out and you see everyone riding. I took the sv out once and that was enough, i knew i had no desire to ride street anymore.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:49 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 03 R1 Tack Bike - 09 GSXR 750 Street Bike
Bike/Plate #: 22
that's where I am at too...

I used to do about 10K a summer on streetbikes but once I started doing 1-2 trackdays a year I dropped that to about 5K. It just gets too risky and isn't as much fun as opening up on the track.

Now this winter i'm about 95% sure i'm going to be converting mine to a trackbike only and then buying something more oriented for the street...since a speed triple or something along those lines.

I do enjoy riding anytime I get a chance but the thrill of a streetbike on the street is definilty going down.

Nesba #22

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » General TrackWhore Discussions