Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Racing: Who's doing what?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anybody want to do an Endurance Race?
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:43 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

Current TrackWhore(s): 2007 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 45

Pirelli/WERA Sportsman/Vintage Series

Michelin/WERA National Challenge Series

WERA National Endurance Series

General Fees-

Membership (Race License) - $110 good for one year from date of purchase

Mini Membership - $50 also runs for 12 months

Average Gate Fees - generally are $20 for the weekend and drop to $15 on Sunday. Please remember that these may vary slightly track to track.

Practice Fees - $125 per bike pre entry, $150 per bike post entry - Note - The only practice days run by WERA are the first day of most of the National events listed on the schedule as well as the March VIR and June Road Atlanta events. Any other days prior to our Sportsman events are NOT WERA events and we have nothing to do with them.

For 2010 WERA will also be changing it's Saturday practice rules. If you are entered for a race on Saturday it will be included as always. If you are not racing that day then morning practice will be $50 pre entry and $75 at the track.

Riders School - $100

Bridgestone/WERA National Endurance Series -

Pre Entry - 4 Hour - $300, 6 Hour - $450, 8 Hour - $600, 12 Hour - $900 ($75/hr race time)

Post Entry - $25 more per entry

Michelin/WERA National Challenge Series -

All Classes - $85 for the first class, $75 for the second class, and $65 for each additional class after that for Pre Entry. Entry fees at the track will be $95 for the first class, $80 for the second class, and $70 for each additional class after that.

Note - on a weekend where National Challenge and Sportsman Series classes are run combined, the National prices will be used.

Pirelli/WERA Sportsman/Vintage Series -

All Sprint Classes - 1st class entered -$75 pre entry and $85 post entry, 2nd class - $65, each additional class $55. Vintage- for Vintage racers riding Saturday classes only the fees will be dropped by $10 on their first entry, if they choose to enter Sunday races that $10 will be added back in at that time. WERA West - fees will have to be slightly higher due to operating expenses being higher - 1st class entered -$90 pre entry and $100 post entry, 2nd class - $65, each additional class $55.

Note - on a weekend where National Challenge and Sportsman Series classes are run combined, the National prices will be used.

Solo's - $75 each pre entry, $85 each post entry - regardless of other classes entered.

Minis - The Mini only license will be $50, race entries for the weekend $50 ($30 for single day or Sunday only rounds) and transponder rental $40 (same 50% deal will apply see below). Transponders are required for minis.

Transponder Fees (all series) -

Purchase - $415

Rental - $60 per event. Must have a credit card for deposit.

50% of your rental fees can be applied towards the purchase price so long as you have copies of your receipts. We will NOT be able to provide these copies for you.

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

Tib wrote:
GixxrSixxr wrote:
look on the wera forums, i forget. but i had a coupon from my nesba member packet i used.

ahh good point I think I still have that too.

edit - just checked mine expired 12/31/09 - and I didn't get my 2010 book yet.

Do you have more than one set of wheels? I think we'd run through a set or two of tires...

conti makes a endurance tire i believe.... even if we need a 2nd set i think lee has a spare set im sure he would let me borrow them if i ask nicely :biglaugh:

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:44 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
since i'm too damn old and too damn slow i'll volunteer to turn wreches and take pictures :thumbup:

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:48 pm 
'Ho Extraordinaire

madski wrote:
since i'm too damn old and too damn slow i'll volunteer to turn wreches and take pictures :thumbup:

we would need a pit crew. rider needs to be off the bike while fueling, up on a stand with no human assitance to hold it up. someone fuels and its mandatory that there is a fire extinguisher pointed at the bike with the pinned pulled while fueling.

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

Current TrackWhore(s): Daytona 675 (track) R1 (street)
Bike/Plate #: 369
I can do that :thumbup:

Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

www.WickedRacing.com - Go Fast Parts & Gear for Riders and Their Motorcycles
PM me for "TrackWhore" special discounts

Post Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:48 pm 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 03 R1 Tack Bike - 09 GSXR 750 Street Bike
Bike/Plate #: 22
I talked to the wife, she's game for it. What's the actual dates?? I'll have to check out the wera info and see about the license/school. I take it you already have a transponder and stuff. What do you think the cost would be per person?

Nesba #22

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:29 am 
'Ho Extraordinaire

date is july 31st, and yeah i have a transponder.

you would need your license, take the race school, then do two different race weekends without wrecking to get your novice status. you cant race a national even at as a provisional, and this race is during a national event. then the 6 hour race is 450 dollar entry, then we would need to split tires and gas. the more riders we have, the more we can split stuff.

WERA & NESBA #45

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:03 am 
Major 'Ho

Current TrackWhore(s): 2009 Yamaha R6
Bike/Plate #: 65
Trying to break this down so I can somehow justify it to the wife...

To get your novice license at a bare minimum doing 1 race on 2 different weekends:

Race License $110 ($55 with NESBA coupon for 1/2 off)
Race School $100
Practice 1 $125
Race 1 $75
Practice 2 $125
Race 2 $75

Total: $610 ($555 with NESBA coupon for 1/2 off race license) not counting tires, gas, travel, and gate fees.

Other hard part is the only dates I see that I would be able to make to get my license is back to back weekends at Summit and Beaver in June. Beavers a long drive to do a couple practice sessions and a race for $200.

I have no idea how much the endurance race would cost since I have no idea how many sets of tires we would need. I'm thinking we could get through it with two.

Not sure I can sell the wife on this idea, but I'll keep working on it...

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:21 am 
Major 'Ho

stevedave wrote:
Trying to break this down so I can somehow justify it to the wife...

To get your novice license at a bare minimum doing 1 race on 2 different weekends:

Race License $110 ($55 with NESBA coupon for 1/2 off)
Race School $100
Practice 1 $125
Race 1 $75
Practice 2 $125
Race 2 $75

Total: $610 ($555 with NESBA coupon for 1/2 off race license) not counting tires, gas, travel, and gate fees.

Other hard part is the only dates I see that I would be able to make to get my license is back to back weekends at Summit and Beaver in June. Beavers a long drive to do a couple practice sessions and a race for $200.

I have no idea how much the endurance race would cost since I have no idea how many sets of tires we would need. I'm thinking we could get through it with two.

Not sure I can sell the wife on this idea, but I'll keep working on it...

I think you have to factor in the transponder retal free too for the races.

Nesba #22

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:22 am 
Major 'Ho

GixxrSixxr wrote:
date is july 31st, and yeah i have a transponder.

you would need your license, take the race school, then do two different race weekends without wrecking to get your novice status. you cant race a national even at as a provisional, and this race is during a national event. then the 6 hour race is 450 dollar entry, then we would need to split tires and gas. the more riders we have, the more we can split stuff.

Let me talk it over with the wife. We budgeted for trackdays this year but this would but a hurting on the budget as compared to the trackdays. I'll see what I can come up with and let you know.

Nesba #22

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Board index » TRACKWHORES.COM - General Discussions » Racing: Who's doing what?!